question

sonja-wadman avatar image
sonja-wadman asked mary-community-moderator edited

Email notifications for voicemails received from outside show "Error" on builtin mp3 player in macOS Mojave Mail App

Just went live on RC with ported number on 1/20/2020. Am using Mail app in macOS. Have turned on email notifications with transcribed text and audio recordings.

Mail app has a built in mp3 player that shows play/stop and sound level controls, and how long the audio is. 

Email notifications from RC regarding changes to the account play fine in the Mail app.

Email notifications from RC with voicemail from incoming calls show Error instead of the iconic triangular play button. But you can download and play from the Macs desktop the mp3 file from the same email that shows Error, so the mp3 file is ok.

If use webmail to look at the email, can also download the mp3 there as well. 

If look at same email on another Mac with Mojave Mail app also has same Error issue. 

Have US RC account. Using macOS Mojave latest updates 10.14.6. Affects one user but only have one user account (small non-profit), so affects all users.

voicemail
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sonja-wadman avatar image sonja-wadman commented ·
Forgot to mention that if you login to RC portal, and go to voicemails, they are all there and work as well... just in case anyone was wondering.
0 Likes 0 ·
truett-nealy5884 avatar image truett-nealy5884 commented ·
I have this issue as well and it's killing me - Would you please direct me to a solution?

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hmm, this is a tricky one Sonja. I would open a case with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what is going on: 

0 Likes 0 ·
shurhold3228 avatar image shurhold3228 commented ·

Any update on this?

0 Likes 0 ·
truett-nealy5884 avatar image
truett-nealy5884 answered

I called tech support mult times and they had no clue and wasted a lot of time. I went through RC multiple times on settings with my staff and noticed that RingCentral has a problem when Transcribing Voicemails to Email option is selected. Uncheck that box and the problem is solved.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Wizdom On Wheels avatar image
Wizdom On Wheels answered

I tried reaching out to RingCentral about this and have submitted a bug to Apple as well however neither has provided a solution yet.

It looks like we can either have Voicemail to text turned on, or we can have playback of voicemails in the body of the email message, we can't have both.

I did find a quick workaround though that is pretty good. Move your cursor to the grey line separating the subject line/to field at the top of the email and click the Paperclip icon that shows up. From there choose "Quick Look."

screen-shot-2021-02-02-at-123248-pm.png

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app