question

rob-jordan avatar image
rob-jordan asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Not receiving inbound text messages - random

I am not getting all of my inbound text messages. This has been going on for a few days. I sent myself separate text messages today in this order: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6" ... I only got 1, 4, 6 (out of order) and 5 .. I have had clients commenting that I have not responded to their text messages. I have not received them, nor have I received the notification emails from RingCentral. 
sms and text messaging
27 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

carol-mccormick avatar image carol-mccormick commented ·
This is happening to me too. I don't know if I should start a support ticket or not. It's random. I received a text from a client asking if I received a text they sent the day prior, which I did not. Has happened with two clients and started a few days ago. I've run tests by texting my personal phone and my spouse's that went through fine.
1 Like 1 ·
carol-mccormick avatar image carol-mccormick commented ·
I did decided to go ahead and open a case and found out that this is a system wide problem that is impacting a lot of people. They are apparently working on fixing it, but I got the impressions it's been going on for a while.

1 Like 1 ·
carol-mccormick avatar image carol-mccormick carol-mccormick commented ·
I received the following response to my support ticket:

"The issue that you have reported in this ticket is related to a Known Issue we currently have in our system.

At this point, we will be placing this case into a PKI Hold status. PKI stands for Product Known Issue. This means that we are investigating it as a bug on our side and there is no currently available ETA when it will be resolved. We have reproduced the issue and are working on resolving it. You will not receive much in the way of correspondence while they resolve this issue, however you will be notified when the issue is fixed.  Case : 10212558"

This is not encouraging. I need to know I'm reliably receiving texts from clients. I feel like I've been left hanging. If SMS is not going to be reliable, then I can't use it. Perhaps I need to look into other services that can provide SMS reliability.
1 Like 1 ·
bg7027042 avatar image bg7027042 carol-mccormick commented ·
Same! So frustrating because no one has followed up with me.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ carol-mccormick commented ·
Thank you for providing that update for everyone Carol! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Steven Q. Stultz avatar image Steven Q. Stultz commented ·
I am not getting all of my business text messages either and it appears to be random.  The senders are not getting any sort of error in sending; messages are just not arriving.  I don't know how long this has been happening.  I'm fairly new to RingCentral, but so far SMS is just not reliable.
1 Like 1 ·
delaney avatar image delaney commented ·
Just want to chime in and say that my users are experiencing this issue as well. This has been happening to us for the last week or so. Any updates as to the progress towards resolution would be greatly appreciated.

An issue like this really impacts our business, the problem itself coupled with the lack of updates has some people in my org talking about looking for alternative providers.
1 Like 1 ·
rob-jordan avatar image rob-jordan commented ·
For me, the problem has been resolved. 
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
This is a known issue that is being actively researched. If you open a case, please reference INC-25452, and you will be automatically emailed when this is resolved. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app