question

stacey-banks avatar image
stacey-banks asked mary-community-moderator edited

Error code 104101

A software vendor I work with has recently started using RingCentral Meetings.  I was able to download and install the client, but each time I try to join a meeting I get an error code 104101.  I have a feeling it is a firewall issue with my employer but I wanted to reach out here first to attempt to better define the issue for our IT team.

I use a Windows 7 PC.  RingCentral meetings version 19.4.23042.1217

Is anyone familiar with this error code and its cause?
meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator edited
Hey Stacey, 

I was not able to find any information on that error number. Does it come with any other verbiage? 
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stacey-banks avatar image stacey-banks commented ·
Here is a screenshot of the error.  
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Your original suspicion was correct, this should be tied to your firewall settings.

RC meetings has similar network requirements to the rest of the RingCentral phones: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/9233.html?language=en_US

The sections that specifically relate to meetings are:

Section 4 - Table 2, End-to-End QOS

Section 6 - IP supernets

Section 8.6 - Table 6 - Whitelists including: ringcentral.zoom.us , meetings.ringcentral.com, webinar.ringcentral.com, .ringcentral.us , .ringcentral.com, .zoom.com, .zoom.us, & .cloudfront.net

Section 10 - Bandwidth Appendix B - table B.6 - B.8 - meetings ports

*Section 4 and Section 7 also discuss the bandwidth requirements for RC meetings.

Note: WiFi is not recommended to be used with this service. Please use a wired Ethernet connection to ensure a quality connection.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app