question

David Garrity avatar image
David Garrity asked elia-johnson commented

Ring Central Meeting Scheduled in Google Calendar- Wrong Time in Ring Central Meetings App

Is anyone having issues where Ring Central meetings established through the Gmail Calendar Extension are not populating with the correct time in the Ring Central Meetings desktop application?

meetings
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

elia-johnson avatar image elia-johnson commented ·

Had a user report this problem today. Scheduled for 2pm central. Invitee shows 4pm. Correct time zone was selected when creating the meeting.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Garrity answered
See attached example
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hello David! 

You will need to change the timezone from your RingCentral Meeting app itself. 

You can do this by clicking the schedule icon and you will see the timezone below start and duration.
1 |3000

David Garrity answered
Hi Jenn-

The Ring Central engineering team has taken this on, its a known bug.  Thanks for the reply.
1 |3000

David Garrity answered
Is there a status from engineering when this fix can be expected?
1 |3000

David Garrity answered
2 weeks plus, no resolution, no communication on estimated resolution time?  Not great support
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered sergio-campos commented
Hi David, 

We have not heard anything from the engineering team regarding when this will be resolved. The case you opened will automatically be closed when this is resolved and you'll received a notification. I'm sorry there hasn't been more movement on this. 
9 comments
1 |3000

Ashley Finch avatar image Ashley Finch commented ·
I'd like to add to this post as I reported the same issue earlier. It's rather frustrating when you get confused customers calling you because the time on the meeting was "wrong"!
Support told me that I'd need to submit a feature request for this...I'm glad I've found a thread where it's been acknowledged by engineering at least, although there doesn't seem to be much progress being made!
1 Like 1 ·
David Garrity avatar image David Garrity commented ·
Any status?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Jessica- Any further status from engineer- looks like we are going on a month of this functionality being broken.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi David, 

I just checked, and there has not been an update to the bug report yet. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Is this every going to be resolved?  The radio silence from support in official cases, as well as via the community is poor form.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Sharon Wingron avatar image
Sharon Wingron answered

Has this ever been resolved? We are just starting to use the RingCentral App for video calls and are also experiencing this challenge.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app