question

emily-graham avatar image
emily-graham asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Android app adding 1 to the beginning of called numbers

I've recently started using the Android RingCentral app. Calling mode is Direct Dial, not Ring Out. I am in the UK, and both my RingCentral and mobile numbers are UK number. When I dial a UK number, the app is putting a 1 at the start of it and it sounds like it's trying to dial an international number. Dialing an internal extension is fine. I assume this is something to do with regional settings but I can't find an option to change anything that would appear to affect this. Can anyone help?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robert-incorvaia16201 avatar image
robert-incorvaia16201 answered
I had this issue on my Android.  Fixed it by going into the mobile app Settings.  Then look for Android phone number.  The system seemed to incorrectly save my cell number.  When I corrected it, all was better.  Hope this helps.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

emily-graham answered
Thanks for the quick response.  That didn't work, unfortunately, I still have the same issue. 
1 |3000

tyler-d3781 avatar image
tyler-d3781 answered
Hi Emily, 

Thank you for contacting RingCentral.

This probably has to do with the Regional settings within the app, we have two mobile apps that can make calls: RC Phone (just the phone) and RingCentral (the unified chat/meetings/phone app) I'll post the steps to change the region for both Android apps: 

RC Phone
  1. Tap your profile picture in upper left hand corner  
  2. Select Mobile App Settings   Region
  3. Select your correct country 
  4. Make a test local call 
RingCentral App
  1. The three lined "Hamburger" Icon in the upper left 
  2. Select Settings   Region 
  3. Select your correct country 
  4. Make a test local call 
If you are still experiencing issues please call our main support line at 0800 014 8091. 

Hope that helps. 

All the best,  

Tyler Dickey | Tier II Technical Support EngineerEMEA
Global Services & Solutions
Connect with me:
0800 014 8091 (within the United Kingdom)
+44 20 3514 9006 (outside the United Kingdom)
support.ringcentral.co.uk

1 |3000

emily-graham answered
Thanks for the reply but I'm using the RingCentral app and there is no 'Region' option in the Settings menu.

I'm going to uninstall and try RC Phone instead.
1 |3000

julie-sperritt14073 avatar image
julie-sperritt14073 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
We have this issue with one user too.
We have logged a support ticket and were told it was a national issue.
Still waiting on a response from them, ticket was logged over a week ago.

We changed settings in app and on phone, it worked for a day then reverted back to adding the 1.
We deactivated the user and set them up again but still happened.

We have this issue for one user out of 250. 

An update/fix would be good!
3 comments
1 |3000

emily-graham avatar image emily-graham commented ·
That's good to know, thanks.  The RC Phone app seems to work fine for me but I realise that's not a solution for users who need whatever else you get in the full RingCentral app.
0 Likes 0 ·
julie-sperritt14073 avatar image julie-sperritt14073 commented ·
I think the RC phone app works well - but since it is being retired we have tried to stick with the RingCentral app. It's causing us a lot of pain though.....
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
A patch was released through version 20.1.12 to fix this issue. Can you please confirm if you have updated the app to the latest version? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app