question

taylor-ellis avatar image
taylor-ellis asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Company wide holiday greeting/rule

Is there a way to mass apply a company wide holiday greeting or rule to all users/numbers? I have one set through the auto attendant but it only affects our main line. This leaves me updating another 20+ users rules when we have a holiday come around. It is very time consuming. Surely there is a better way?

admin portalsettings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered jenn-community-moderator commented

Hello Taylor! 

You can do that if all numbers are assigned to your auto receptionist.

When you go Phone System > Auto Receptionist > IVR Settings > Custom Answering Rules.

Make sure that Called Number are enabled for all numbers.

Please let me know if you have further questions! 

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joey Pacheco avatar image Joey Pacheco commented ·
If all of my users are in the dial by name directory then I assume they are all assigned to auto receptionist.  I don't, however, have an IVR Settings option under Auto Receptionist.  I only have General Settings, IVR Menus, IVR Editor and Prompts Library.  Do I need to look elsewhere or reach out to support?  thank you. 
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·
I understand Joey, it seems like we need to check your settings. I highly suggest opening a case in here so one of our phone support will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app