question

greg-palavivatana avatar image
greg-palavivatana asked mary-community-moderator commented

Unable to receive text to main number

I have a US account.

As of Thursday the March 12th I stopped being able to receive text messages back. After doing some testing we discovered that we can no longer send text messages to the main number. Apparently I can text to one of the assigned numbers but not the main number.

When I text out the main number is number that people are asked to respond with.

I do not want people to see my assigned number. Please advise.

No updates made on our side just randomly stopped working.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hi Greg!

I would suggest opening a case in our support site so our Tech Support will contact you as soon as possible.

Please click this to create a case: 

Thanks! 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

greg-palavivatana avatar image
greg-palavivatana answered mary-community-moderator commented
Opened a case.  

Anyone else have it where you are only able to receive texts from the Ring Central support person.  I've texted from different from and I have customers complaining we aren't getting texts.  Ring Central says it works for them. 
1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Greg!

I see that you still have a case open. Please continue working with Tech Support to fix the issue.

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app