question

jill-fontana avatar image
jill-fontana asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

in a meeting, but not

My ring central is saying that i am in a meeting, but i am not logged into any meetings. anytime i i try to start a new meeting, it makes me end the "current" meeting, but i cannot locate this meeting. any recommendations? t

meetings
21 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

milehighwelch10741 avatar image milehighwelch10741 commented ·
This is an absolutely critical issue that has stalemated several of our users for the last three days.  If you log on to your portal and go to Tools / My Meetings and look under the Previous Meetings tab you should see a Meeting with a green dot to the left.  That's the Meeting that is still running with no way to end it.  I have opened a ticket with RC Support but I feel they have misclassified my issue with another.   10456326 - INC-25926 - RC Meetings "Please wait for the host to start this meeting", which is not what is happening.
1 Like 1 ·
jill-fontana avatar image jill-fontana milehighwelch10741 commented ·
hmm. I appreciate you helping with this!! I try to select my previous meetings tab, it refreshes but only keeps me at my upcoming meetings. It wont even allow me to select schedule a new meeting.. 
0 Likes 0 ·
milehighwelch10741 avatar image milehighwelch10741 milehighwelch10741 commented ·
You have to look at this from the online portal, service.ringcentral.com not in the app.
0 Likes 0 ·
jill-fontana avatar image jill-fontana milehighwelch10741 commented ·
Thats where I was. interesting. something is messing up. I appreciate all of your help! 
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
These are known issues, all updates will be available on status.ringcentral.com

Ops has advised that they are rolling out new servers tonight to help resolve the issue where Issue where delayed or completely unable to join an RC Meeting because it shows host is busy, on another meeting, or the meetings connector indicator spins.

Baring any unforeseen problems, hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow. 
1 Like 1 ·
milehighwelch10741 avatar image milehighwelch10741 jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you Jessica for the much needed update!!!  I'm getting killed over here with this issue as it has got some folks at a stand still!  I'm sending ALL of my remaining positive IT vibes to the Ops team on tonight's adventures.

My only other comment as it relates to the status.ringcentral.com is that he naming of the issue, the labeling or simply how items get reported might have a different meaning or relevance to different customers so, for me it seemed like my issue was being misunderstood and lumped in with other cases that didn't read as being the same issue.
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
We're constantly trying to improve our status site-- if you log in, you should receive a more 'personalized' view of issues that impact your account. 
0 Likes 0 ·
corey-friedman avatar image corey-friedman jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
That's not acceptable. We are relying on your system for remote conferencing and the main feature is not working. Is Ring Central willing to give its users a free month?
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Jill,

We currently have known issues with RingCentral Meetings. Just to clarify, do you start a meeting through the RingCentral App or in Meetings app?
0 Likes 0 ·
jill-fontana avatar image jill-fontana commented ·
Hello, I use the Ring Central meetings app, i have both on my computer
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ jill-fontana commented ·
Thank you, Jill.

RingCentral Operations teams are investigating this issue already. 
0 Likes 0 ·
jill-fontana avatar image jill-fontana jill-fontana commented ·
Thank you, do you know if there is any way around the issue? I cannot log into any meetings either
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ jill-fontana commented ·
As of now, there is no known workaround. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
corey-friedman avatar image corey-friedman commented ·
This is crazy. This is why I subscribed to this service. I have now had two occasion where we had 20-30 people trying to get into a meeting and all were told "waiting for host to join". As the host, I was logged in. Couldn't see anyone and they couldn't see me.

0 Likes 0 ·
jill-fontana avatar image jill-fontana corey-friedman commented ·
Yeah that has been happening to me for the last couple days also. 
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app