question

shane-allen avatar image
shane-allen asked mary-community-moderator edited

CAN'T SCHEDULE MEETING THROUGH RINGCENTRAL APP (using Mac)

When I try to schedule a meeting through the ringcentral app (I am using a Mac and chrome browser).  I click the "google" option for calender and I get this message, "Couldn't sign you in.  This browser or app may not be secure.  Learn more
Try using a different browser. If youre already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."
meetings
15 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jim Adam avatar image Jim Adam commented ·

The RingCentral App for Mac Meeting Scheduling does not work with Outlook (office 365 for mac).

1. Schedule a Meeting, See Outlook Event Pop Up, Click Save and Close - Meeting is not Scheduled. Or...
  2. Schedule a Meeting, See Outlook Event Pop Up, Click Invite Others, review Email, click Send - no email is sent and no meeting is scheduled. See the video here for demonstration of this one: https://vimeo.com/558603368/989f060d4b

Workaround for me was to use the Ringcentral Outlook Add-In.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Shane!

Please try to uninstall/reinstall your app.
0 Likes 0 ·
nathan-devries avatar image nathan-devries commented ·
I am having the same issue, not signing in.  The other apps work, just not the all in one ringcentral app
0 Likes 0 ·
shane-allen avatar image shane-allen nathan-devries commented ·
What worked for me was I didnt use the app but instead I actually logged into the website and for some reason I was able to connect that way and its working fine now through the application
1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ nathan-devries commented ·
Can you also try to uninstall/reinstall, Nathan?
0 Likes 0 ·
nathan-devries avatar image nathan-devries nathan-devries commented ·
that was already done, to no avail. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
sean-ortega avatar image sean-ortega commented ·
Same issue. Only workaround is to login to the web app. Doesn't work on desktop on windows.
0 Likes 0 ·
nathan-devries avatar image nathan-devries sean-ortega commented ·
Hey Sean, I reported this as well.. just login through the web app, this was reported so long ago, I don't think there is urgency on their end to fix.  This is also the only way to join meetings through the unified app, as the link will always open the standalone RC Meetings app.  I just gave up on the unified app, it's almost useless if the link doesn't open it from google calendar invites.
1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ sean-ortega commented ·
Hi Sean,

May I know what happens when you try to schedule a meeting through the RingCentral App?
0 Likes 0 ·
sean-ortega avatar image sean-ortega sean-ortega commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app