question

tim-shelton avatar image
tim-shelton asked tim-shelton commented

Wifi Hotspot

I will be working from home sometime soon, but the only Internet connection I have comes from a Verizon Jetpack (wifi hotspot). As long as I purchase a USB-to-wifi adapter, will my Polycom VVX 450 office phone be compatible with this type of Internet connection? How would I go about setting up a connection between the USB adapter and my Jetpack? Also, does my office phone require that I use the same (static) IP address at all times? Thanks!

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered tim-shelton commented
Hi Tim!

This type of connection has not been tested yet. Possible that phone will work so long as it has a good connection and the office phone is provisioned by RingCentral.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tim-shelton avatar image tim-shelton commented ·
Ok thanks! I'll have to try out a USB-to-wifi adapter. So I'm guessing that my RingCentral office phone does not require my IP address to be static? My IP address generally only changes when I reboot my wifi device.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app