question

nadine-zarrelli avatar image
nadine-zarrelli asked mary-community-moderator edited

Backing out of a warm transfer

Hello I am using the RC Phone app version 20.1.0 on my laptop for reception work across the U.S (Another receptionist and I take all calls coming in Nationally).
I cannot find a way to back out of a warm transfer to either find another contact for the caller or send to VM. I CAN go back to the caller in general, but the only option I have is to complete the transfer.  Is there an option to back out of a warm transfer and start fresh with the caller?
ringcentral appphone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Raphaelson avatar image Jeffrey Raphaelson commented ·

I need help with the same thing except I'm using the RC Mobile App. When the second person doesn't pick up (I get his voicemail), I can never seem to end that call and get the first person back. I always end up hanging up on the person. Help.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jeffrey Raphaelson commented ·

Hi @Jeffrey Raphaelson Which app are you using? Is it the one with the R icon?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Raphaelson avatar image Jeffrey Raphaelson mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, the R icon

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
nicole-orlanzo avatar image
nicole-orlanzo answered
Hi Nadine,

Are you using the RingCentral Phone application? If so, when you're making that warm transfer you'll see a very light gray X on the upper left underneath the white envelope icon. If you click that it will end that second call and bring you back to the original call. It's not very obvious. :)

Hope this helps!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nadine-zarrelli avatar image
nadine-zarrelli answered
Just tested it and works like a charm! Thank you so much :)
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app