question

nadine-zarrelli avatar image
nadine-zarrelli asked ·

Backing out of a warm transfer

Hello I am using the RC Phone app version 20.1.0 on my laptop for reception work across the U.S (Another receptionist and I take all calls coming in Nationally).
I cannot find a way to back out of a warm transfer to either find another contact for the caller or send to VM. I CAN go back to the caller in general, but the only option I have is to complete the transfer.  Is there an option to back out of a warm transfer and start fresh with the caller?
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nicole-orlanzo avatar image
nicole-orlanzo answered ·
Hi Nadine,

Are you using the RingCentral Phone application? If so, when you're making that warm transfer you'll see a very light gray X on the upper left underneath the white envelope icon. If you click that it will end that second call and bring you back to the original call. It's not very obvious. :)

Hope this helps!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nadine-zarrelli avatar image
nadine-zarrelli answered ·
Just tested it and works like a charm! Thank you so much :)

Jeffrey Raphaelson avatar image
Jeffrey Raphaelson answered ·

I need help with the same thing except I'm using the RC Mobile App. When the second person doesn't pick up (I get his voicemail), I can never seem to end that call and get the first person back. I always end up hanging up on the person. Help.

3 comments

Hi @Jeffrey Raphaelson Which app are you using? Is it the one with the R icon?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Raphaelson avatar image Jeffrey Raphaelson mary-community-moderator ♦ ·

Yes, the R icon

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Jeffrey Raphaelson, once you add the second call, wether it answers or not, clicking the red end call button will only end that second line and the first line will remain.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app