question

ben-gilheany avatar image
ben-gilheany asked ben-gilheany commented

Client's Integrated Webcam will not work within only RingCentral

Hey Everyone!

IT Guy here who has a client who uses this app at the request of some of their clients. My client's integrated WebCam will not work within RingCentral and RingCentral only. It works just fine in Teams and the Camera App within Windows 10. I've followed the basic troubleshooting steps and I see the settings within the app are correct as well. Is my only other option to reinstall the application?

hardware
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ben-gilheany avatar image ben-gilheany commented ·
Just a heads up, reinstallation failed as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
fredrik-eriksson860 avatar image fredrik-eriksson860 commented ·
We are having the same problem with at least one of our users. Just switched over to the newly announced RingCentral Video and made it the default service for the RingCentral app. Camera worked fine with the previous Zoom integration. There's nothing wrong with the camera and this is definitely a RingCentral Video problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
fredrik-eriksson860 avatar image fredrik-eriksson860 commented ·
Ben: One more note on this. Our user's camera works when running the browser version of the RingCentral app and RingCentral Video. So the temporary fix for us is to disable the desktop app and run it in the browser for this user.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hello Ben!

Please coordinate this issue with our Technical Support so that they can check what's going on with it. 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app