question

ken-concilio avatar image
ken-concilio asked ken-concilio commented

Can't install desktop ring central app ( Installation Failed )

My work laptop is Windows 10 (64bit). I uninstalled the RingCentral Meeting App and RingCentral App because the RingCentral Meetings options were greyed out in the RingCentral Desktop App.

I restarted the laptop and downloaded the latest RingCentral Desktop app(20.2.2-x64), but the installation fails. When I click the "Open Setup Log" button nothing happens.

I am able to use the RingCentral app on my iPhone, but I really need to get it back on my work Laptop as well.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nate-achey avatar image
nate-achey answered ken-concilio commented
I would suggest contacting your network admin as the rights on your work laptop may not allow admin rights for installation.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ken-concilio avatar image ken-concilio commented ·
I am an admin on the laptop.  I am the one who did the initial install.
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered ken-concilio commented
Hi Ken!

Please contact RingCentral Technical Support for them to check why are you experiencing trouble with installing the app.  

1 comment
1 |3000

ken-concilio avatar image ken-concilio commented ·
I will contact our helpdesk and let them open a case.  I just didn't want to bother them if someone here new what the problem was first.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app