question

IT Xpress avatar image
IT Xpress asked cj-williams commented

Ringcentral App Beta

So I brought up the Ringcentral App (Windows 10) today and got a popup asking if I wanted to try out the beta. I went ahead and clicked OK and got a popup window to sign in. We use Google SSO and was in the process of doing that but got error saying the browser wasn't supported (my guess from 2FA - we use hardware USB keys and usually have to 'Try Another Way' for non Google apps). Anyway - I closed the windows to try again, but cannot find anywhere to access the beta version in any of the menus or screens. Is the popup the only way and if it doesn't work the first time you can't try it?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cj-williams avatar image
cj-williams answered
The Beta is for sure an improvement, especially the dial pad feature, thanks for all your work on this! We are still stuck on RC Phone though until we can use contacts, use the existing hotkeys (especially call current selection), and can to see texts in the messages tab.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arthur-ng12296 avatar image
arthur-ng12296 answered cj-williams commented
Hi CJ,

Thank you for the feedback! For Contacts, we are making an enhancement in July of Q3 please check in again to see if that would solve your issues with contacts. You can currently see texts under the phone tab instead of the messages tab.

2 comments
1 |3000

cj-williams avatar image cj-williams commented ·
Thanks for the info!
0 Likes 0 ·
cj-williams avatar image cj-williams commented ·
Any word on if/when we will have feature parity with the hotkey functionality from the RC Phone app?
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app