question

brian-caskey avatar image
brian-caskey asked Mitek Systems answered

Unable to view Admin Prompts when using RC Meetings to provide remote support

I am an IT remote support Tech. I am trying to use RC Meetings to provide remote support. Remote users do not have local admin rights on their PC's. The remote user is able to share their screen and I am able to take control of their mouse. If I try to make any change that

requires admin credentials, the prompt will pop up on the remote users screen asking for those

credentials. I as the remote support can't see those prompts because they are hidden from me. How can I provide support when I can't enter in the admin credentials when required? Why is this hidden from me? I can't very well provide admin credentials to the remote user.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brian-caskey avatar image
brian-caskey answered
We push out the RC Meeting app using Group Policy.  Is there a way that I can have this option set without me physically having to go to every PC and enable it?  What about support I provide to those that do not have RC Meetings installed?  For instance, I send out an RC Meeting link and a remote user clicks the link which triggers RC Meetings to download and install.  I can't fully provide support because that option is not checked by default?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-parent3461 avatar image
david-parent3461 answered
Hi Brian, in the RC meetings app for every user, you have to check the box "Enable the remote control of all applications". Unfortunately, this will require admin rights to make the change, so it must be done while you have admin access to the system. We enable this setting by default when setting up each user profile. Wish that it was "on" by default instead of "off".
-David
1 |3000

david-parent3461 avatar image
david-parent3461 answered
I'm just an end user like yourself. You may have to contact RC support for other options.

1 |3000

Mitek Systems avatar image
Mitek Systems answered

Is there a way to enable/disable that option via the command line (or regedit)?

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app