question

keith-jakubowski avatar image
keith-jakubowski asked mary-community-moderator edited

Profile picture not displaying in meetings

I am trying to figure out why I cannot get my profile picture to show up during meetings.  Some people at our company have their profile pictures displaying but many don't:

None of the people I've asked know what they did to get their profile pics to display.  They said they just showed up.

Any ideas?
meetings
20 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

larry-davis2788 avatar image larry-davis2788 commented ·
Assuming you have an account. Log onto your RC account.
Look for "My Profile" under the top dropdown.
0 Likes 0 ·
keith-jakubowski avatar image keith-jakubowski commented ·
I logged in here:

https://service.ringcentral.com/application/overview

And I don't see a "My Profile" link anywhere.

Am I not using the right URL?

0 Likes 0 ·
larry-davis2788 avatar image larry-davis2788 commented ·
i suggest downloading the RC app (letter R in the center). then log in and you should be able to find it. 
i am using a MacBook but it will be similar to the attachment. 
0 Likes 0 ·
keith-jakubowski avatar image keith-jakubowski commented ·
I actually already have the app and my profile picture has been there ever since I started using it:

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ keith-jakubowski commented ·
Hello Keith,

Go to RingCentral App, click your profile picture on the upper right > go to Preferences > Under Video Meetings, make sure that Video Service is set to RingCentral Meetings.
0 Likes 0 ·
keith-jakubowski avatar image keith-jakubowski keith-jakubowski commented ·
Mary,

I don't see a setting for "Video Service".  Once I click on Preferences I scroll down to "Video Meetings" and then there are three options:

Video Settings
Personal Meeting ID
Host Key

When I edit the Video Settings, I get another screen with the following:

General
Video
Audio
Recording
Statistics
Feedback
Accessibility

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-trojer avatar image daniel-trojer commented ·
Create a meeting with your self using GLIP - copy invite and open on another browser via Ring Central Meetings App for desktop it should populate the image you have set on your profile. 

Not sure how or why this worked but profile picture is there now. 

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Marc Brown avatar image
Marc Brown answered

This works!

1. Log out from RingCentral Meetings
2. Visit your respective app store and update RingCentral app mobile to the latest version available
3. Log in to RingCentral app mobile
4. Tap the Menu (three horizontal lines) icon (Android) or your profile picture (iOS), then tap Settings
5. Go to Settings > Video > Video Service, then change it to to RingCentral Meetings.
6. Go back to the main screen, tap the Menu icon again, then tap Edit on your profile picture
7. Update your profile picture, or reupload your current picture if you prefer to continue using it
8. Wait for about 5 minutes, then tap Video and start a meeting
9. Stay in this meeting for 10 minutes to allow the profile picture to sync with the servers. End the meeting afterwards

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app