question

dave-welch avatar image
dave-welch asked benjamin-dean answered

Service is overloaded, please retry later

We received this message when running PubNub to monitor call events using the presence method.

This condition only lasted a minute. Is this going to continue? If so, can we get advance notice?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Hey Dave,

This looks like it came from our API and not PubNub.

Could you tell me more about when this happened, the request you had submitted, and what your use-case is please? I don't wish to make any assumptions and I want to help you get accurate answers.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dave-welch avatar image
dave-welch answered
Yes the message came from the API while running PubNub subscriptions.  This occurred at approximately 1:30 AM and was transitive.  Normal operations began again after approx. a minute.
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
AFAIK, when the system reports an overload (at least for Subscriptions), once the transitive error is resolved and normal operation begins again, the queued messages should be transmitted to your application. Was that not the case here?
1 |3000

dave-welch avatar image
dave-welch answered
Thank you for the response.  It appears that you are correct.  After an overload, the queued messages are delivered.  We did not have a clear understanding of this process. 
If you know where this is discussed in the Ring Central documentation, I would appreciate a link or reference to the resource.  
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
This might be only tribal knowledge (and this question is becoming the reference in the interim).

I will submit a ticket to our documentation team to help improve.
1 |3000

ralph-r1798 avatar image
ralph-r1798 answered
Benjamin,

I work with Dave, we got this error when making a request to get active call information after a NoCall (/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/<extension>/active-calls?page=1&perPage=1) notification so that we could get the recording URI (contentUri). This call was made via the Platform object's Get method in RingCentral's SDK.

Ralph
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
Thanks for the additional clarification Ralph. Are you only receiving the 503 error in these NoCall scenarios?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys