question

michael-medwid avatar image
michael-medwid asked blake-borowski2703 commented

Voice Delay Following On Hold

I have an office which has voice latency problems only right after they have put a caller on hold. The local tech tried this from a few different phones in the office and also tried from home to see if the problem was specific to the office. The problem is replicated at home as well. Is this a known bug? Is there any work around? The site in question only uses about 8Mbps and has 50Mbps of bandwidth and AutoQOS is configured on the Cisco switch. There is NO contention for bandwidth as the users are only using VMWare Horizon virtual desktop. So I am certain this is not an issue of bandwidth startvation.

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hi Michael,

Please open a ticket with this issue you have. Quality of Service Department can run tests and check why you're having this issue.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

blake-borowski2703 avatar image
blake-borowski2703 answered blake-borowski2703 commented
For 8 years, we experience extreme latency when making or receiving calls through the RC IOS app.  This delay/latency happens 100% of the time and it does not matter if it's over WiFi or cellular data.  Side note:  We have extremely fast WiFi and our cellular IS in SoCal is Verizon (best in the industry).   Can someone PLEASE help me correct this latency?
2 comments
1 |3000

blake-borowski2703 avatar image blake-borowski2703 commented ·
Working on that now.  Thanks!
1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Blake,

Please coordinate this issue to our Technical Support. 

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app