question

allen-mills avatar image
allen-mills asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

Can't make calls from the desktop app

When trying to make a call using the desktop app (windows), it only allow for ''Internal calls only'', but i can make calls just fine using my iphone ...
been trying to fix this for days now and i have run over many related topics here but nothing seems to be working for me...
So how to slove this?

ps: i have the role permission to make calls 
ringcentral appphone
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stephen-aulick1 avatar image stephen-aulick1 commented ·
have you checked to make sure your e911 address is set up?
0 Likes 0 ·
michael-moore12 avatar image michael-moore12 commented ·
You need to use the RC Phone app to make external calls. You can't do it through the Ring Central app.  http://downloads.ringcentral.com/sp/RingCentralForWindows
0 Likes 0 ·
bob-robinson3288 avatar image bob-robinson3288 michael-moore12 commented ·
That's not correct.  I use the Glip/RC desktop app to make calls all the time.
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Allen, 

Please coordinate this issue to Technical Support. Seems like some other customers are having the same issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fleetwood Henry avatar image Fleetwood Henry mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi can I ask if there's already a fix for this issue? Im also having the same problem on my windows PC

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Fleetwood Henry commented ·

Hi Allen, we don't have any reported or known issues regarding this as of now. There are different reasons why an app calling function doesn't work. Please coordinate with our Tech Support Team so they can check why you have this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Don Stevens avatar image Don Stevens commented ·

We had that problem today and found there was no option under Settings>Phone to edit or confirm the Emergency Address. There was no button for it at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows app, same version that hadn't worked, and during initial sign in it prompted for the EA and confirming it made external calling work again.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app