question

mpenn avatar image
mpenn asked mpenn answered

vvx411 doesn't pickup call when handset lifted

Account is U.S

software version UC Software Version 5.6.0.20009

Updater Version 5.8.0.24992

Phones are Polycom vvx411

When a call comes in and we lift the handset, or press speaker phone, it goes to new line and dial tone to allow an outbound call.

It does not pick up the incoming call like it is supposed to.

There is an option in the action buttons to "pick up" the call. But I need it to just pick up the incoming call when the handset is lifted.

This started when we ported our real numbers over.

When we first started setting up and testing and had the temporary numbers it worked fine and would pick up calls when handset was lifted.

I have researched and the one thing I have found, but cannot find an entry for in the config files (via the phone web interface), is reference to call.autoOffHook.1.enabled="1" - this was referenced from the polycom community in a 2014 post.

I have contacted RC support, they say all settings are correct and cannot figure out why it won't pick up the call when the handset is lifted.

We also have Yealink W60P / 56 Cordless Phones and they will pickup the call when it comes in as it should.

Thank you

Michael

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mpenn avatar image
mpenn answered
<SOLVED> Something got gummed up while provisioning to the real numbers, RC support suggested resetting to factory defaults on the phones and reprovisiong the phones.  Seems to have worked.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app