Over the past several weeks, we have had intermittent reports of users not able to join a video call launched via Teams. The experience is the same:
- Someone on the team launches the video call
- Some team members can join, others can not
- The experience for the users who can not connect is similar, the Join button either doesn't respond at all, or video briefly connects and then just disappears.
This has nothing to do with "join before host" being allowed (it is) and doesn't seem to be an individual setting.
Here are some details:
- Users seem to have a similar build, which is now version: 20.2.12 (E. 7.1.8), Build: 33 (rev. 0edbb0d3)
- In some cases, quitting the app and restarting has helped, in other cases, restarting the computer hasn't made a difference
- In all cases, internet connections seem okay, and the app is responding, as messages can be sent during the lack of connecting
I noticed another community post from three weeks ago, where it was suggested to uninstall and reinstall the app, but that's not realistic in a short period of time and due to the intermittent nature of the issue, points to something else.
Has anyone else experienced this starting these last few weeks, and if so, what is the course of action you have recommended to users?