question

alberts avatar image
alberts asked alberts answered

TEXT MESSAGES DISAPPEARED

Yesterday, may 16th, most of my text messages disappeared, i wanna know how you guys control the amount of text messages and how can i prevent such situations in future. Also i see messages only in RC Phone and your "new" app with letter R don't even show any text messages, only call log. Another bug?

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
Hi Alberts,

You may check on this link to know more about SMS/MMS Data Retention  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/2178?language=en_US 

Also, with the new RingCentral App, SMS should be there as well. Kindly click the third icon on the upper left which is labeled as "Phone" and you will see a tab that says "Text".
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Here's the data retention information for Text Messages. If you didn't exceed yet, something might be wrong. Please create a support ticket so our Tech Support can check what's going on.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Hey, Mary is trying to help. We get a lot of folks that are struggling to find their texts in the new app. 
Let her ask all the questions that will get her the information she needs to provide you with the best support. 
0 Likes 0 ·
alberts avatar image alberts commented ·
I know how to find texts, you MARY ROSE official rep, could you tell me how can i control my text messages from deleting. What algorithm do you use to delete our messages.
-1 Like -1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered
Alberts, it might not hurt to create a support ticket for this issue - just to be on the safe side. 
1 |3000

alberts avatar image
alberts answered
Hello,
I got message saying you gonna remove old app RC Phone on Jun 12th, please don't do that cause you gonna lose clients, i can't use Glip cause it even doesn't close to old RC Phone. You have to make Glip as close as possible to RC Phone.  First of all i can see 11 phone numbers per screen on old app and ONLY 4 or 5 on Glip, big mistake. Also i can't see whole phone number on Glip's call log.
Are smoking there???? How can you do such things???
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app