question

michael-valdes1 avatar image
michael-valdes1 asked Lisa Rogers commented

Can I manually convert a meetingrec file post meeting recording?

I recorded a meeting that had 3 sessions. I hit stop/start in between the sessions and ended up with only the last session recorded. Did i need to select pause instead as stop might have recorded over the prior recording(s)? Also, however, i was left with a very large click_to_convert file that cannot be converted by RC. Can i convert this .meetingrec file manually and potentially get my prior 2 recorded sessions back?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Julio Botia avatar image
Julio Botia answered Lisa Rogers commented

Step 1. Go to the folder in which RC saves recordings, right-click on the file and click Open with…> More apps, scroll down to the Look for another app on this PC.

Step 2. Follow this path C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin, select zTscoder.exe

You should get an error as Zoom doesn't recognise the extension, then change your file's extension from .meetingrec to .zoom, for files 01 and 02, double click on file 01. The conversion tool will pop up and start the file conversion.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing the instructions, @Julio Botia!

0 Likes 0 ·
Lisa Rogers avatar image Lisa Rogers commented ·

@Julio Botia I don't see \bin in my path - any suggestions? I have a meeting that didn't save as I didn't have enough room in the save location.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app