question

steve-maiorano avatar image
steve-maiorano asked steve-maiorano commented

Unable to Delete Voicemails on Desktop Portal

I am a system admin. we are using Phone System - Groups - Other to manage a general voicemail box. For the past two weeks, I have been unable to delete voicemail messages. I get an error message that the request cannot be completed at this time. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I fix the issue?

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
I did when I tried to make a change to a group.  Finally gave up after a day and opened a ticket w/Support and they determined I had to re-build group from scratch, which I did, and it fixed it.  They did not say what caused it.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bond007dmc9787 avatar image
bond007dmc9787 answered steve-maiorano commented
For what it is worth, whenever I see that message, it is always related to a permission/login issue - especially if I have logged in as another user and left my admin portal open in the same browser. You can only have one user open at a time in same browser, and it messes with permissions when doing what I suggested. In these cases, I have to log out of my lower permission user and then get out of my admin portal and log back in. That fixes the request cannot be completed at this time error - every time. I don't know if your scenario is anything like that, but throwing it out there just in case.
1 comment
1 |3000

steve-maiorano avatar image steve-maiorano commented ·
Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case - I am always logged in as the admin. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app