question

wayne-miller avatar image
wayne-miller asked nic517 commented

Toggle in Mobile App to use Cell Carrier or Data/4G/5G as default.

Instead of having to Switch to Carrier while driving, could you do a toggle in settings to default to Carrier. I hate calls dropping while I am driving.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ted-jaffe192 avatar image
ted-jaffe192 answered
Hi Wayne! In the mobile app, there is a setting for this under Phone > Outgoing Calls > Direct dial data (choose Carrier minutes only).  Hope this helps you!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nic517 avatar image
nic517 answered nic517 commented
and if you want all incoming to be on cell. Toggle on the Mute Incoming Call. it then uses the cell minutes and not data.. VoIP is not there yet with mobile. I cant understand why RC is not making it easier to find settings. Honestly cell minutes should be the default. Most plans are unlimited mins but data overages can be huge!
2 comments
1 |3000

wayne-miller avatar image wayne-miller commented ·
wouldn't that eliminate incoming calls going to cell?
0 Likes 0 ·
nic517 avatar image nic517 commented ·
No. it make is so it doesnt use data. Like I said.. I am not sure why RC makes it so hard on this. I was very confused at first too when they told me to do it 
0 Likes 0 ·
wayne-miller avatar image
wayne-miller answered
I do not see in the app where to get to the outgoing calls.  what version app

1 |3000

nic517 avatar image
nic517 answered
im using the RC APP vs 20.2.35.65587. Attaching screen shot of what I have found works the best and to use cellular minutes always. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app