question

Alex Dyer avatar image
Alex Dyer asked katherine-mayo commented

Glip Error: Too Many Requests Recently Sent. Try Again Later.

Some of our users are getting the error message 'Too Many Requests Recently Sent. Try Again Later.' at the top of their Glip.

Currently it seems to be about half of our users seeing this.

What does this relate to, and how can we resolve this?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rob-larose9408 avatar image
rob-larose9408 answered
It's not a "new" unified app problem -- same issue happened in the Classic RC app.  It's a platform problem.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

randall-moore avatar image
randall-moore answered rob-larose9408 commented
I was referring to the Classic RC app in comparison to the standalone Phone and Meeting apps.  We're very new to RC. My frame of reference is limited by that. My impression was the Classic app is a relatively recent thing, with a newer version just now coming online since we joined a few months ago.  Neither of them meet our expectations at this point.
1 comment
1 |3000

rob-larose9408 avatar image rob-larose9408 commented ·
I see.  Yeah RC's made a series of poor decisions over the last couple years.  The unified app was coming along, gradually getting features of the Phone, Meetings, Glip apps.  Of course, its major flaw was its name, RingCentral.  Just call it something else.  "Communicator" "RC Hub" "RC One".  Anything except a single word that's also in all the other products' names. 

Anyway, with the unification job incomplete, they decided to launch what was supposed to be a UI update of the unified app.  But it removed features that people liked/wanted, so they decided to maintain the old feature-complete version as a separate product. 

Of course now instead of calling the new/worse app something differnet like "RC Next" or "RC Hub" or "RC Worse" they instead named it RingCentral.  Which is already the name of the better/older app.  So they decided to rename the app people used/liked to maximize confusion.  The older/promising version with features was renamed to RC Classic and the newer/feature-incomplete version was called RC.

In any event, the fact that meetings don't work is true across both versions of it.

0 Likes 0 ·
missy-stephens avatar image
missy-stephens answered
I'm having the same issue with the RC Classic app
1 |3000

kevin-putt avatar image
kevin-putt answered
I reloaded the Ring Central Meetings app and using the older version it works just fine.  My recommendation to everyone having problems is to stop using the RC Classic app.  
1 |3000

rob-larose9408 avatar image
rob-larose9408 answered katherine-mayo commented
Aye, the individual function apps (RC Phone, RC Meetings, Glip) continue to serve their purposes.  But as the RC (unified) app is meant to replace these, the features that *have* been implemented should work.
1 comment
1 |3000

katherine-mayo avatar image katherine-mayo commented ·
it also happens with the new app as well.  At least for the user i was testing.  It seems sporadic.  I have submitted a ticket.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app