question

Alex Dyer avatar image
Alex Dyer asked katherine-mayo commented

Glip Error: Too Many Requests Recently Sent. Try Again Later.

Some of our users are getting the error message 'Too Many Requests Recently Sent. Try Again Later.' at the top of their Glip.

Currently it seems to be about half of our users seeing this.

What does this relate to, and how can we resolve this?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

randall-moore avatar image
randall-moore answered
Our users also are getting this error message. Very upset employees worried about holding their scheduled meetings this morning.  What's going on RingCentral?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hi All,

Are you using the new RingCentral app or the classic one?
1 |3000

Alex Dyer avatar image
Alex Dyer answered
Hi Mary,
Our users were accessing Glip through a web browser, switching to Classic seems to have removed the error message.
Can you please confirm what it relates to so we can be in a more informed position if it appears again?
Thanks,
Alex
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered rob-larose9408 commented
Thank you for letting us know. I will check on our end if there's any problem with it at this time.
2 comments
1 |3000

lenny-vanzeeland avatar image lenny-vanzeeland commented ·
Is there any response from the Official Rep on this. It's been two weeks.

1 Like 1 ·
rob-larose9408 avatar image rob-larose9408 commented ·
There won't be.  Dev/Platform/Product/Support don't communicate with the community reps.
0 Likes 0 ·
randall-moore answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
Using the Classic desktop app here. I've been in contact with support this morning.  Also, the Service Status dashboard indicates this is a known issue for the classic version. I uninstalled and reinstalled the classic app, but the error persists. We're able to use the standalone desktop Meetings app without this problem.
1 comment
1 |3000

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Randy, thanks for this thoughtful description of your use case. 
We'll share your feedback with the Product team. 
As usual, we're here to advocate for you and your needs. If we get an update, we'll share it here. 
0 Likes 0 ·
justin-lewis avatar image
justin-lewis answered
I also had a user who was getting the same error when trying to use the classic RingCentral app and the new RingCentral App
1 |3000

rob-larose9408 avatar image
rob-larose9408 answered
Same now.
1 |3000

katherine-mayo avatar image
katherine-mayo answered
I have a user using classic app that is having the same issue,  it doesn't seem to be agency wide.  Any update on the status?

1 |3000

kevin-putt avatar image
kevin-putt answered kevin-putt commented
I've been late to the last (3) meetings I've schedule because of this problem and can not seem to find a solution.  Has anyone been able to find a work around?

2 comments
1 |3000

lenny-vanzeeland avatar image lenny-vanzeeland commented ·
install the RingCentral Meetings app

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-putt avatar image kevin-putt commented ·
Thank you for the suggestion.  I'll give it a try.  Just doesn't make sense to use an older app when the new one was meant to replace it.
0 Likes 0 ·
randall-moore answered
Kevin, you are so correct that it doesn't make sense. This issue (too many requests) keeps popping up with our users as well.  It's sporadic, but a pain when it happens. We had all users download the standalone RC Meeting apps onto their desktops and phones. And, we had them download the standalone RC Phone to desktops and phones because the new unified app just is not ready for prime time yet. It lacks features and functions of the older apps. It has been a disappointment to us on a number of fronts. Fingers are crossed that RC is listening and working on it.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app