question

karl-cepull8597 avatar image
karl-cepull8597 asked ken-concilio commented

Adding a snippet is gone with new "unified" client app

With the new "unified" RC client app, the ability to post a code "snippet" is gone. (I'm not talking about the [code] ... [/code] option - that is different.)

With the old client, you could press Cmd-Shift-S (I think) to bring up a window where you could paste text into, and it would then be posted as a "snippet" without formatting.

This option seems to be gone now. We need a way to post text in RC without it trying to "interpret" the text and formatting it. [code][/code] works for some things, but Snippet was better in many cases.

ringcentral app
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rob-larose9408 avatar image rob-larose9408 commented ·
The new app is missing many many of the useful features.  Classic still has it.

1 Like 1 ·
Aaron Galuzzi avatar image Aaron Galuzzi commented ·

I agree, this is a huge missing feature from the new app. Please revive some sort of code snippet feature.

1 Like 1 ·
ken-concilio avatar image ken-concilio commented ·

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add the Snippet feature back to the Message Chat!!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello everyone,

I've confirmed with our product team that this is coming at the end of Q4. Keep an eye out in December!

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Rosa avatar image Chris Rosa jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

In addition to this, the in in-line code feature (`sample code`) is very limited. It appears to only put a background color on the text, and doesn't even use a monospaced font.

1 Like 1 ·

Any update on getting the "New Snippet" back on the new RingCentral?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ken-concilio commented

This feature is now live, make sure you're on the latest version of the app!

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank you for letting us know. I have installed the update it appears to be working great! Please let everyone involved know that my team greatly appreciates this feature being brought back!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app