question

nathan-cole avatar image
nathan-cole asked mary-community-moderator edited

HUD on Ring Central App (Windows Desktop)

I'm training new staff for the first time in several years; and we're using the Ring Central Desktop App which is nice.  But, it doesn't have HUD.  This feature is ESSENTIAL when training telephone support staff.  Especially now that no one is in the same office with anyone else.  It's absolutely ESSENTIAL to be able to monitor who's on a call and then to "monitor" that conversation so managers can coach or take over the call.  I installed the old Ring Central Phone App along side the new one for now.  But, please add HUD to the Ring Central Desktop App.
hud
12 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jim-saner avatar image jim-saner commented ·
I echo this request as well.  We depend on HUD to see who is on the phone and who is available.  It has become one of the best features for our office that RC offers and NEEDS to be part of the new app.
1 Like 1 ·
doug-routledge15999 avatar image doug-routledge15999 commented ·
https://www.bridgeoc.com can provide even more functionality.
1 Like 1 ·
eddie-fesperman avatar image eddie-fesperman commented ·

Is there any update on when the HUD will be added to the unified RC desktop app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ eddie-fesperman commented ·

Eddie, no updates at this time, but we'll definitely update this thread when we get a definitive ETA.

0 Likes 0 ·
doug-routledge15999 avatar image doug-routledge15999 commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
car15.jpg (264.7 KiB)
John Malone avatar image John Malone commented ·

Where is the HUD?

You are forcing migration off of Ring Central Phone and yet you still don't have the HUD working. this makes ZERO sense!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered eddie-fesperman commented
Hi Everyone,

The HUD functionality is already on the roadmap. We'll keep you updated.
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nathan-cole avatar image nathan-cole commented ·
And, while you're working on it... it'd be nice if HUD would make a notification sound each time a call is routed to a monitored extension so managers would know to join the call without keeping their eye on the readout.
1 Like 1 ·
nathan-cole avatar image nathan-cole commented ·
Great!
0 Likes 0 ·
Mary Novak avatar image Mary Novak commented ·

Any update on the HUD? This is a real disappointment -- call centers and other need this. What is the completion date? We may need to change providers if we do not have this soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Mary Novak commented ·

@Mary Novak I understand the delay is frustrating. I know they are working on this feature and expect it in Q1. We'll be sure to keep updating this thread when we have any updates.
Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes 0 ·
karina-ibanez3289 avatar image karina-ibanez3289 Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Any update on the HUD? We can't move to the unified App without it, at least confirm that the desktop phone app won't be discontinued anytime soon.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app