question

greg-boll3597 avatar image
greg-boll3597 asked Cher Danley answered

RingCentral Meetings Photo NOT Updating

I have changed my profile picture and it updated everywhere but except for in RC Meetings.. Looking through the help topics I see this is a known issue and some have luck getting this resolved but some do not.. I have worked with tech support and been told this is a known issue they are working on and don't know when this will be resolved.. Looking through the help articles I see this has been a known issue for some time.. Anyone else having this issue?

RC Tech Support: I understand you don't have an ETA on when this will be resolved but this has been known for some time now, whats the deal?

meetings
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tammie-phillips avatar image tammie-phillips commented ·

We are having the same issue. The photo will synch for some users but not others

0 Likes 0 ·
will-simon9625 avatar image will-simon9625 commented ·

Also having this issue, just adding to the count.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bonnie Askeland avatar image Bonnie Askeland commented ·

We are having the same issue. Ring Central, please fix this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Sauls avatar image Michael Sauls commented ·

Why isn't this fixed yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Waibun Lee avatar image Waibun Lee Michael Sauls commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Waibun Lee avatar image
Waibun Lee answered Jason Lenz edited

Hello, I believe I have solved this mystery. It involves a mix up of the two different versions of RingCentral Meetings (zoom version and the new ringcentral video version) You will need to follow all these steps in the right order, do not deviate.

1. Log off of every Ring Central app everywhere

2. Sign into the Ring Central app on your computer to modify your photo icon. Make sure your jpg file size is less than 1mb (mine was ~300K) I used both classic version and new version successfully but for non scientific reasons, I think the new version works better. Log off.

3. Go to the Ring Central mobile app on your phone and Tap the Menu icon (Android) or your profile picture (iOS) make sure your new photo is in the icon circle and then tap Settings

4. Tap Video service, and then change it to RingCentral Video

5. Start a meeting from the Ring Central Mobile app. At the "invite participants screen" hit skip. Your new image should appear. End the meeting

6. Sign into the Ring Central Meetings app on your PC desktop and start a meeting. Pay attention to the Meeting ID on the upper left hand corner of the screen and copy it down.

7. Click the Join button on your Ring Central Mobile app. For Meeting ID, put down the number you wrote down. You are joining a meeting with yourself. (mobile and desktop)

8. Once your mobile device joins, you should see your new image.

9. Not done yet! End the meeting on your PC desktop. Sign off of Ring Central Meetings. Then sign back in again. Voila, you should see your new image.

10. If you are not use to the new Ring Central Video, you should change your mobile Video app setting back to RingCentral Meetings in step 4 above.

Waibun

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jason Lenz avatar image Jason Lenz commented ·

This worked for me!!! Thank you!!! (Though it updated for me after Step 6, no further steps needed.)

0 Likes 0 ·
John Rivera avatar image
John Rivera answered

I have had a community post in here for a while now and they just sent me a message today with a solution that actually worked for me. Hope it works for everyone else also, here is what they sent.

To change the profile picture:

• Install or update your RingCentral Mobile App to the latest version (Android: v20.4.10.209, iOS: v20.4.10.72093). Check if you have the latest version by tapping on your profile picture then tap Help and feedback.
  • Login to the RingCentral Mobile App and update the profile picture (How to: Android, iOS). Wait for 5 minutes.
  • Start a meeting from inside the RingCentral Mobile App by tapping on the Video icon.
  • Stay in this meeting for 10 minutes to allow the profile picture to sync with our servers.
  • End the meeting.

To confirm successful profile picture update:

• Wait 10 minutes after completing the steps above.
  • Start a meeting from the RingCentral Meetings Desktop application.
  • Check if the profile picture has updated.
1 |3000

Doug Oppenheimer avatar image
Doug Oppenheimer answered Chianne Shepherd commented

Instructions that actually work.....

1. Sign out of your computer for ring central meetings and your cell phone or any application where you are using ring central meetings. Not just close that app, but actually sign out.
  2. Sign into on your mobile phone to Ring Central Meetings.
  3. Click on the Ring Central icon on lower right to login to Ring Central from the meeting applications since there is no pic in ring central meetings to modify
  4. Click on Edit where your picture is located and choose to select new photo and find the photo you want on your cell phone. After you have the pic and all is saved, browse down to settings….
  5. Then Click settings / video and choose ring central video instead of using ring central meetings as your default for a few minutes. (This forces the update or lets the system know your default settings are changing)
  6. Then go back to the main screen on the mobile ring central app by hitting the far top left arrow to get to the landing page called messages and then you will see a video icon on bottom. Start a video call by hitting start after you selected video on upper left. You can start a meeting and invite some random email address or your personal address since your not using ring central meetings it requires someone to be there. Then stop the meeting
  7. Then go back to ring central by clicking your face and go down to settings video and change your video service back to ring Central meetings from ring central video
  8. Now log off your phone and log back in to make sure image stayed and you can now start a meeting from your phone and you will see your new pic…..
  9. Now go back to your computer and login to ring central meetings and see if the pic updated. You will know before you login to the meeting since the pic will suddenly change on top right.

Then you should be good and a pic will update for the viewer on the other end. I believe the change from ring central meeting to ring central video told the server to update some settings and then back to ring central meetings did it… Not sure why it’s this difficult, but this does update your picture.

Doug

1 comment
1 |3000

Chianne Shepherd avatar image Chianne Shepherd commented ·

I have tried EVERYTHING, and this was the fix for me. Thanks, Doug.

1 Like 1 ·
Cher Danley avatar image
Cher Danley answered

I’m having the same issue and it’s not very good for my business. Has anyone had any luck with RC and fixing it? RIDICULOUS!!!

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app