question

hamoody-abdulla1771 avatar image
hamoody-abdulla1771 asked hamoody-abdulla1771 answered

PubNub Subscription Connection - Amazon AWS calls?

In our environment, we have a Palo Alto firewall that monitors traffic to determine which internet circuit to send traffic out of. For example, all voice traffic and ringcentral traffic is set to go out a specific circuit and all internet browsing goes out another. My problem arises when my app tries to subscribe while this advanced policy based forwarding is turned on. What happens is that call to subscribe to the events happens, it goes out internet connection A, but the SDK makes a call to Amazon AWS for some reason, and that traffic goes out connection B. The mismatch on circuits causes the subscription to error out with: " The underlying connection was closed."

How I can fix this problem is by telling the firewall to route all of theses requests to go out the same circuit/internet connection. The problem is, I do not have a list of DNS addresses that it is looking for and the IP changes for Amazon AWS. Is there a way someone can tell me what DNS addresses or what IP range the app is connecting to so that I can make theses changes on my firewall?

I have tested the app with policy based forwarding turned off, forcing all traffic to go out one connection, the subscription works fine and as expected.

This may seem confusing, if you need clarification on something let me know.

Thanks

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Which SDK are you using please? Have you registered this as an issue on the respective Github repository for the aforementioned SDK?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

hamoody-abdulla1771 avatar image
hamoody-abdulla1771 answered
I had to reach out to PubNub support for a IP whitelist and that has solved this issue.

Thanks

1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Thanks for letting us know what the blocking issue was and how you solved it.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys