question

zeeshan-yousaf2030 avatar image
zeeshan-yousaf2030 asked Anirban answered

Cant create the production key

I am ready the caller id and been successful and want to create the production key for my app but it does not allow. i have added the permissions as well. But it still throws error that i need to select the permissions which i did no success. Any help or guidance.

caller idpermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Which endpoint / permission is the Status & Review section for your application saying you have not utilized please? (a screenshot of API Permissions Analytics and Status & Review page if you have them)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

zeeshan-yousaf2030 answered

1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
According to the Analytics for your application, you have not executed any API requests which are associated with the various API Permissions you have set on your application. I only see OAuth API requests (which do not count towards the total of required API requests needed for your application to be enabled to "Apply for Production").

If you click the "Edit Permissions" link in the Status & Review section of your application (this is next to the item labeled "Exercise all requested permissions"), you should see the list of API permissions you need to exercise.

You can use the API Developer Guide to view the various API routes which map to the various API permissions you have enabled for your application:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html

Let me know if you have further questions.
1 |3000

zeeshan-yousaf2030 answered
Hi I m just reading the caller id using the presence event and I have actually tried it but just giving the premissions for presence event, but it did not work. So I select all the permission but results are same. I really don't understand how to get over it.
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
If you just want to watch presence events for extensions to obtain the callerID for calls, you will need the following API permissions:
  1. ReadPresence
  2. ReadAccounts
I have created a sample application which shows how to subscribe to presence events here:  https://github.com/bdeanindy/ringcentral-subscription-basics

The above code uses the RingCentral JS SDK. I highly recommend using one of the RingCentral SDKs to create and manage your subscriptions if it is available in your language of choice.  https://github.com/ringcentral

You will need to create (API POST request) the Subscription, add your event filters (see the above code for an example, and the full docs here:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefCreateSubscription), then register your subscription. You can then test if things are working (make sure you are logged into the softphone of a user) by dialing from your cellular device into the Extension you are monitoring for Presence events as defined in the eventFilters for the Subscription.
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

One thing needs to be remember clearly while expecting the app to be pushed in production is the app should Exercise all the requested permissions, which means the number of permission set during creation of the app, relevant API requests need to be made using all your app permissions.

Oauth call doesn't counted in the criteria to get the app passed for production.

Clearly written here

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys