question

darius-damalakas1695 avatar image
darius-damalakas1695 asked benjamin-dean answered

Modify OAuth2 redirect URIs for sandbox environment after app has been graduated to production

Our app has been graduated to production. However, after this we can't update OAuth Redirect URIs. It also appears that sandbox and production app share the same OAuth redirect URIs, which is a bit surprising to me. For testing we'd like to have a different redirect URIs than for production.

Any help appreciated.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
I have submitted a ticket for our team to review this issue.

Thanks for contacting our support team to get help resolving your issue.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

darius-damalakas1695 avatar image
darius-damalakas1695 answered
Just to add - the workaround for this is to create separate apps for sandbox and production accounts.
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Thanks for adding how you want to approach this use-case Darius.

I have created the following article which can help developers such as yourself who are trying to maintain multiple versions of your application code.

Please let me know if any of this article does not make sense:

https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/ringcentral-application-definition-versio...
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys