question

floyd-sloat2824 avatar image
floyd-sloat2824 asked Phong Vu commented

Sandbox working, Production is not

I am using ringcentral-csharp. I have a very simple send SMS and initiate a RingOut methods that has worked fine with the sandbox. I got my production credentials and approval. When I switched to production the RingOut works fine (so the key and secret are good) but when I try to send an SMS I get the following error: RingCentral.Http.ApiException: The requested feature is not available.

Can anyone tell me what is happening here?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered Phong Vu commented
Floyd,

there could be multiple reasons why you cannot send a SMS.
Could you provide the phone number you specified as "from" and extension you are logged in with so I can find the reason?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Josh Berman avatar image Josh Berman commented ·

Hi,

I also face same issue, can you go through my details please:

Login: jberman@millenniapay.com

+19196506880

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Josh Berman commented ·

Hi Josh,

This is such an old thread and it was answered. I recommend you to open a new case and you can refer to this case instead of riding on this old one.

Thanks for your understanding!

0 Likes 0 ·
floyd-sloat2824 answered
For the from I started with +18667268442 then I tried it without the + as 18667268442 with the same result. The extension is 4. Some time a few years back someone at customer service changed the main extension to 4 from whatever it was. I don't remember what we were fixing but it has been like that for a long time.

I am able to use the Ringcentral desktop and mobile app with this combination.

1 |3000

anton-nikitin answered
The problem is that you cannot send SMS from toll-free number. Such messages may be not routed properly through carrier networks. Especially replies to these messages. So you need local number to specify it as "from". 
1 |3000

floyd-sloat2824 answered
OK. I used my local number and it works! Thanks for the fast response.
1 |3000

anton-nikitin answered
You are very welcome.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys