question

ashitvora3104 avatar image
ashitvora3104 asked benjamin-dean answered

Unable to subscribe to notifications

I've an app where I'm requesting all the permissions but when I subscribe for notifications (webhook notifications), I get following error Client error: 'POST https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription' resulted in a '403 Forbidden' response: { "errorCode" : "SUB-410", "message" : "[ReadAccounts] application permission is required for the following event fi (truncated...)

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
Ashit,

so, does your application have ReadAccounts permission? If not why can't you add it?

I assume you try to subscribe to account/extension change notifications, right?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ashitvora3104 answered
It does have ReadAccounts permission.
Infact it has all the permissions.

Only difference is, initially it had only one and then I added all of them.
Does ringcentral take time to reflect changes in permissions?
1 |3000

ashitvora3104 answered
This is what permissions screen looks like  http://screencast.com/t/ak8AoRtgAFwf
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
There is a bit of a delay as the API permissions sync up after a change is made, but I am unsure of precisely how much time it takes.
I've had it take 3-5 minutes to take complete effect.

You can tell if the API permission is ready for use by viewing the 'scope' property in the response payload while obtaining an access_token. 'scope' will contain a list of the API permissions which your application has been enabled with in Developer Portal.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys