question

ajathar avatar image
ajathar asked ajathar answered

invalid value for faxresolution.

iam using the api. and getting error as 'faxresolution' value is invalid. it comes for every parameter that i pass? please help. iam using the method given in github code for the api call.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Where is the sample code you mentioned? Let me take a look.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
The following works for me:

faxResolution: 'High'

Please note that it should be 'High' instead of 'HIGH' or 'high'.
1 |3000

ajathar avatar image
ajathar answered
Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the reply.

its not just about the fax , but also with other parameters. i tried the code that is there on github.

var sdk = new SDK(appKey, appSecret, sandboxServer, "Dispatcher", "");
            // Password Grant Authorization
            var response1 = sdk.Platform.Login(username, extension, password, true);
            const string text = "Hello world!";           
            var json = "{\"to\":[{\"phoneNumber\":\"+912267676262\"}],\"faxResolution\":\"High\"}";
            var request = new Request("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/fax", json);
            var response = sdk.Platform.Post(request);

here is the sample code.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
To send fax, you need to use FormData. Please check the code here:  https://github.com/tylerlong/rc-commander/blob/master/rc-fax.js  

There are two issues in your code:  1. "const string text = ..." is declared but unused.  2. you are not using FormData to send fax.
1 |3000

ajathar avatar image
ajathar answered
Hi Tyler,

My code worked the attachment was needed i guess. got a proper response frrom the API.

But just one question where can i check the api log for the fax?
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js#fax  The official doc says you should use FormData. I doubt that it will ever work if you don't use it. 

Only RingCentral staff have access to api logs on server side. I am not sure if that is what you mean.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Oops! Are you writing program in C# or JS? If we are talking about C# instead, please check here for a sample to send fax:  http://ringcentral-csharp.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
1 |3000

ajathar avatar image
ajathar answered
i am trying c#.

yes i used the same code and it worked fine. i checked the status through message list api it says International calling disabled.

But i checked the setting it is on over there. Can you please help.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
If you don't have issues about fax sending any more. I suggest you creating a new ticket for the new issues and describe your question in detail. To be frank I am not an expert on account configuration. So it's better for you to create a new ticket with title "International calling disabled issue".  By doing that you will get help from others sooner.
1 |3000

ajathar avatar image
ajathar answered
okay . Thanks a lot for your help. :)
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys