question

lee-bennett4484 avatar image
lee-bennett4484 asked Tyler Liu answered

Connecting Via the API (Through PHP)

Hi All.

New to Ring Central and in the process of getting our house in order to test and trial the PHP API. I know the guide is not full completed, but hopefully there are some out there that have already done this.

We presently are testing through XAMPP running on a laptop with a virtualised Apache server and mySQL DB's.

Is it relatively easy to install and configure Composer and PHAR in XAMPP?

Is there a relatively straightforward implementation guide on how this would work via XAMPP?

Thanks

Matt / Lee

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I am not a PHP expert. XAMPP helps you to setup a PHP development environment quickly and easily. After you get your development ready, you can follow the README of RingCentral PHP SDK to install it:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php#with-composer-recommended  Composer is supported and recommended.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lee-bennett4484 avatar image
lee-bennett4484 answered
So, an update from my side. I have downloaded the repository and running it locally via XAMPP. I have installed the windows version of Composer and it's now linked up to the PHP.EXE file as required.

However - Inside the core scripts - the _bootstrap.php file is looking for ../Vendor/ autoload.php which does not exist in the repository.

I'm clearly missing something obvious - can you assist?
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Maybe the latest update breaks the composer support. Please create an issue here:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/issues
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys