question

noah-kates-rose5480 avatar image
noah-kates-rose5480 asked noah-kates-rose5480 commented

Display phone number on salesforce task record

I would like to be able to see the phone number that an inbound call originated from in salesforce on the task record. Is there an out of the box way to do this, or a simple workaround? I have looked but don't see anywhere that the phone number is input in salesforce other than the 'subject' field as 'inbound from 555-5555'. This gets over written in my org when the reps change the field to the disposition value.

Let me know if this is possible,

Noah

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

colin-liu1110 avatar image
colin-liu1110 answered
I am afraid that it is not supported at the moment. But I would like to know more about the requirements. Do you mean that you would like to find the phone numbers in a task field even if the phone numbers are already matched with entities in Salesforce?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

noah-kates-rose5480 avatar image
noah-kates-rose5480 answered
Thats the major problem actually. Ringcentral is not doing a good job at matching with the contact entities. I have no idea why and have not been able to get an answer. Having the phone number on the task would allow me to automate it myself. Can you explain to me why ringcentral is having so much trouble attaching tasks to contacts? 

Here is a screenshot. As you can see none of these calls have connected to contacts. They do connect but it is very rarely (less often on inbound than outbound). If you can help me understand why I would really appreciate it. 

1 |3000

colin-liu1110 avatar image
colin-liu1110 answered noah-kates-rose5480 commented
Hmm...It may depend on the phone number format saved in Salesforce. It looks like the number is saved as '+1 xxx-xxx-xxxxx' in your system. But the RC for Salesforce app now supports number saved in format of '(xxx)xxx-xxxx'. Would you mind if you share me with your email address? I am wondering if we can have a screen sharing session so that I can elaborate a bit more regarding this.
1 comment
1 |3000

noah-kates-rose5480 avatar image noah-kates-rose5480 commented ·
Hi Colin. You can email me at  noahspublicemailaddress@gmail.com, which forwards to my personal email. I would definitely be open to a screen sharing session. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. This has been troubling me for some time now. 

Noah
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys