question

pyrojonc5281 avatar image
pyrojonc5281 asked phil-haslett6424 commented

Can I get an update on the Salesforce for Lightning integration?

I was told by my sales rep when we moved to RingCentral that the Salesforce integration for Lightning experience should be available for public release very soon... possibly may 2017. Can I get a developer comment on that topic?

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rose-gan avatar image
rose-gan answered
Yes, RingCentral for Salesforce Lightning is planned to be released in mid May 2017.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered pyrojonc5281 commented
1 comment
1 |3000

pyrojonc5281 avatar image pyrojonc5281 commented ·
That's awesome! Thanks for pointing that out Tyler
0 Likes 0 ·
greg-shaw3723 avatar image
greg-shaw3723 answered phil-haslett6424 commented
I've installed it but cannot work out how to use it.There is a RingCentral for Lightning app but no components, no configuration, no setup or login. Any pointers on how to get this moving?
5 comments
1 |3000

I contacted integration.service@ringcentral.com directly as suggested by Rose, and was provided with some very helpful info. Anyone else tracking this thread would be advised to contact them directly, until 5/15 when those materials should be finalized and available as stated by Tyler.

Thanks all... RingCentral for the Lightning Experience is Awesome!!!
1 Like 1 ·
rose-gan avatar image rose-gan commented ·
Hi Greg, please forward your question to  integration.service@ringcentral.com and let us know more details of the issue your encountered. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
yea - there is no documentation for this version of the app. The admin guides are for the previous version (Classic only) version of the app. It appears that there is an Initialization VisualForce Page and a couple of Admin VisualForce Pages, but the URLs to get there are not clear. Any help to get this up and running would be helpful.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Hi All - good news, if you have a customer who wants to start using our Salesforce Lightning integration, please point them to our app gallery to download. I will be working on a blog post to hopefully release prior to 5/15. Otherwise - the RingCentral website and datasheets will all be completed on 5/15.
More materials will be available on 5/15.
0 Likes 0 ·
phil-haslett6424 avatar image phil-haslett6424 commented ·
anyone else having issues with using the "My Calls" button?
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys