question

trent-gray6441 avatar image
trent-gray6441 asked Admin Ext answered

Add button on Webpage (mobile only) to have visitor send text message to a cell phone

I want to be able to use RingCentral to put a button on the Mobile Version Only of my website and when the visitor clicks the button it will open their text message field, auto populate the # where the message should go to and them be able to send the message to me via text message. Has anyone done this yet? Have the code for how to accomplish this?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Tyler Liu commented
when the visitor clicks the button it will open their text message field

Where is the text message field? Is it the RingCentral mobile app or the native SMS app on user's mobile phone? Or do you mean a message field on your website?
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

trent-gray6441 avatar image trent-gray6441 commented ·
Want to place the button on our website, user would click the button and it would open up their text message and our # would be auto populated and they would be able to send their message to us. I think Ring Central this as a program possibly? Just looking to see how to integrate it onto our website but we only want it to be available if someone is looking at our site on a mobile device, not on the website on a regular desktop.
0 Likes 0 ·
trent-gray6441 avatar image trent-gray6441 commented ·
I know a website that is using this already - is there a way that you know of to be able to get the code from their site? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Check the stackoverflow question I posted below. You can check if the platform is mobile or not via JS.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
1 |3000

Admin Ext avatar image
Admin Ext answered

@trent-gray were you ever able to figure this out, I want to do the same thing, and would love any help!

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys