question

rusty-speedy6813 avatar image
rusty-speedy6813 asked rusty-speedy6813 answered

Emergency Services Address for sandbox account at service.devtest.ringcentral.com

Hey folks,

I'm running into an issue when logging into my sandbox account at (904) 559-1662. I am immediately prompted to enter an Emergency Services Address. However, selecting the existing San Mateo address there fails and entering a new (valid) address does not seem to pass verification (please see screenshots below):

I tried also using my business address and followed the instructions here:

https://success.ringcentral.com/knowledge/TOCArticleRendererPkb.apexp?id=kA280000000GrPb&pubstat...

to ensure I wasn't entering it incorrectly but am not seeing any problems.

I need to make some changes to the queue setup to demo something for a customer and am unable to access the admin menu due to this popup.

I really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Best,

Rusty

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered
Rusty speedy,

As a standard procedure, we do not allow users to provide a new ( valid ) address as part of the e911 calling. However, that being said you should be able to use the Predefined e911 address when you are assigning a Softphone on an extension as below :

Can you please confirm if you see the prefilled e911 address during the Softphone provisioning?

Also, Can you try Editing the e911 address to the below :

Street Address : 1400 Fashion Island Blvd, 7th Floor

Apartment / Suite #: <<blank>>

City: San Mateo

State/Province : California

Zip Code : 94404

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rusty-speedy6813 avatar image
rusty-speedy6813 answered
Hey AK,

Thanks for getting back to me and I apologize for missing your call. I am unfortunately not in the provisioning step but am instead dealing with an alert/popup that occurs as soon as I log into my sandbox account.

do see the prefilled addresses there and run into the issue I describe above with the "Emergency Location Provisioning Failed" error message when using them.

I recently found that I can access Phone System Settings if, after the provisioning failure, I access the  Users tab first and then attempt to access the phone system settings. If I go directly to phone system settings, I get the same alert/popup. 

Since I could access the phone settings in this way, as a workaround, I deactivated the problematic line of (904) 438-2354 and provisioned a new soft phone for my user account. I was able to use the existing e911 addresses when provisioning a new account-- so it appears the problem just occurs when trying to do so through the alert/warning interface as opposed to the provisioning interface. I then assigned the 2354 line to a test account to remove it from my username so as not to reactivate it when signing into the RingCentral Desktop App.

I am now able to login under my username without seeing the alert/error message and can access the phone system settings normally. I'm not sure if this error is due to a problem with that old developer extension I set up, but please feel free to delete the 2354 line and device.

Thanks for your attention,

Rusty
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys