question

adcdc1183 avatar image
adcdc1183 asked adcdc1183 commented

API call log some records not found in result

Hi, I created an API call using the call log endpoint ('/account/~/extension/~/call-log') in production. It shows results of the records but there are 2 missing records. service.ringcentral.com call log records: date/time: Yesterday 8:41 PM - this record shows in the API call log result date/time: Yesterday 7:12 PM - this record does NOT show in the API call log result date/time: Yesterday 5:47 PM - this record does NOT show in the API call log result date/time: Yesterday 2:20 PM - this record shows in the API call log result date/time: Yesterday 1:00 PM - this record shows in the API call log result Is there something wrong with the 2 missing records? The type and direction of these two are just like the other records that show. Additional parameters in the call are: direction Inbound and type is Voice.

rest apicall logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robert-lam3551 avatar image
robert-lam3551 answered adcdc1183 commented
So what was the answer to this problem ? I also have similar problem where the API only returns the log list for some extensions but not others. I could see all of it on 

https://service.ringcentral.com

My url is

url = self.apiUrl + 'v1.0/account/~/extension/~/call-log?dateFrom='+self.search_startdate+'&type=Voice&withRecording=true

if I specify a particular extension e.g.
     url = self.apiUrl + 'v1.0/account/~/extension/110/call-log?dateFrom='+self.search_startdate
+'&type=Voice&withRecording=true

I get this error 

"message": "Resource for parameter [extensionId] is not found",    "parameterName": "extensionId",
    "errorCode": "CMN-102",
    "errors": [
        {
            "message": "Resource for parameter [extensionId] is not found",
            "parameterName": "extensionId",
            "errorCode": "CMN-102"
        }
    ]
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
"v1.0/account/~/extension/~/call-log" only returns call logs for extension/~

If you want call log for all the extensions, please use "v1.0/account/~/call-log" instead.
1 Like 1 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Another issue in you code sample is: 110 is not extension ID, it's extension's internal phone number. They are different.  That's why "Resource for parameter [extensionId] is not found".
0 Likes 0 ·
adcdc1183 avatar image adcdc1183 commented ·
Thanks Tyler, the issue is because of the extension specific call logs.
0 Likes 0 ·
adcdc1183 avatar image
adcdc1183 answered
I think that is not how you specify the extension, you have to specify it in the authorize call.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys