question

Surya Konala avatar image
Surya Konala asked Phong Vu commented

Ringcentral API Questions

1. Can I retrieve call Call Recording or Call Log API data for historical dates? If Yes, what is max date range( dateFrom & dateTo query parameters) that we can provide to the API?

2. If an account has more than 5Million Call Log records available, Then how much time API will take to get the response back to the client?

3. Is there any possibility that API may takes more than 1minute to get the response?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Anirban edited
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Surya Konala avatar image
Surya Konala answered

@Anirban Sen Chowdhary Thanks for the response. I understand that 12months is the maximum time period for call logs. If billons of records available in 12Months then how much approximate time will the API takes to respond to the client. We want to know because to set the read timeout value at the client-side when making a request.

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Hi Surya,

Q. Can I retrieve call Call Recording or Call Log API data for historical dates? If Yes, what is max date range( dateFrom & dateTo query parameters) that we can provide to the API?

A. There is no limit on the date range. But according to the data retention policy, 12 months is the max duration of call log data for both non-HIPAA and HIPAA enabled account. For call recordings, the data retention is 90 days and 30 days for non-HIPAA and HIPAA enabled account respectively.

Q. If an account has more than 5Million Call Log records available, Then how much time API will take to get the response back to the client?

A. I don't have the number and cannot measure because I don't have an account with that much data to run some test. If you have millions of records, you can try to read the maximum time range (let's say set it for a year) and set the perPage value to maximum value (1000), then check the totalPages and the total Elements value from the response to see how many records do you have and how many pages you can retrieve. Keep in mind that you cannot read more than 1000 records per API call and the rate limit of the call log is 10 request/60 seconds.

Q. Is there any possibility that API may takes more than 1minute to get the response?

A. With the design of using paging, I don't think that it takes more than a minute to get the response. And it doesn't matter even if you specify the date range to the maximum of 1 year.

All in all, for archiving the call log, you should not wait until you have that much data then start thinking about how to archive them. Ideally, you should have a plan to archive your call log data periodically. You can implement your own scheduler to read the company call log, or you can use the sync user call log to archive per extension.

Read this blog for more information about downloading call log

Also, this blog discussed about how to sync the message store but it would give you an ideal how to sync the call log using the sync API.

1 |3000

Rahul G avatar image
Rahul G answered Phong Vu commented

Hi Surya - May be we need to test that out to understand the performance in the way how it retrieves the records, we need to check with ringcentral on that

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

You can easily estimate the time it takes to read millions of records:

1. 10 requests/ min

2. Max 1000 records per request

=> ~600k records per hour

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys