question

Nitika D avatar image
Nitika D asked Anirban edited

SMS delivery report

Do we have a concept of delivery reports (like read receipts in emails ) in RingCentral ApI's. If so, I would like to integrate the RingCentral SMS API in my C# based program and want to receive delivery reports of the SMS sent . Can I be helped with a sample code where such a case was successfully integrated .

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

If you want to get the SMS delivery report, save the message Id after sending an SMS message. Then use the Get Message API to read the status of that message. Parse the messageStatus from the response to see if the message was sent successfully or failed. You need to poll again if the message status is "Queued".

Unfortunately, I cannot help with sample code for every single feature you want. This should be simple though.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Anirban edited

There are few ways you can do that. Apart from what @Phong Vu said, here is a small snippet of the messageStatus in the API return:

Queued, Sent, Delivered, DeliveryFailed, SendingFailed, Received

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/SMS/createSMSMessage

"Sent" -- reached SMS provider/carrier, "Delivered" -- reached the recipient.

ref: https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/1207/message-status.html

If the mobile phone we are sending is switched off, the carrier will tries to deliver within 48 hours and if unsuccessful then it will expires the message and in that case we will get the status as "DeliveryFailed'"

Apart from this, you can use Call Log for reporting the sms

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys