I would like to know how can I get caller name and other information from incoming call in RingCentral when ringing
Usually you can get incoming call details using
But as per this link you can see below:
Information in real-time, need to do a lookup via
(a) user's RingCentral personal address book,
(b) account's RingCentral company address book,
(c) your CRM/helpdesk app, or
(d) a third-party Caller-Id (CNAM) API.
Thanks for this @Anirban Sen Chowdhary
I don't think we are too concerned with internal caller ID, we are specifically interested in the external calls that arrive into our callcentre, so looking up in the Ring Central address book isn't a step we need.
Since our Callcentre already has the customer phone number, the sort of journey we expect would be
1. Customer rings into our callentre
2. Ringcentral hands the call off to one of our Agents
3. Our callcentre is subscribed to the detailedTelephonyState events, and detects an active call
4. The Ring Central SDK provides the incoming number from the customer
5. Our callcentre makes a call to our service to connect the phone number to a customer account in our system
6. Our callcentre displays a prompt on screen telling the Agent who it is on the phone, with various actions
Will this endpoint suggested above solve steps 3 and 4 for us?
Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.
Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:
Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:
1 Person is following this question.