question

thompson7544 avatar image
thompson7544 asked thompson7544 commented

graduation requirements issue

Hi,

My sandbox is a little bit broken, in that I cannot make calls. RingCentral support used remote desktop to check this, accepted there was a problem, then kindly generated some fake call data for me so I can work with the api.

My 'app' is very simple and only requires the 'ReadCallLog' permission. My problem is this permission only exposes 6 endpoints. I need to hit 5 of them for my graduation, but the call data I have does not include Call Recordings. I don't actually want call recording data, but I need to hit those endpoints to get my graduation count to 5.

Because I don't have call data with recordingIds I can't hit the endpoint.

So, can someone please generate more call data so I can jump through the graduation hoops, or just allow my app to graduate anyway. It's a read only app for call logs, so totally harmless.

Thanks

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Thompson,

Open this link then download and install the RingCental softphone into your Windows/MacOS laptop. Follow the instructions to login in sandbox mode then you can make test call, receive calls to generate a call log.

Hope this helps,
+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

thompson7544 avatar image
thompson7544 answered
Hi Phong Vu,
If there wasn't a configuration problem with my sandbox that would be the way to generate some call logs.  My sandbox is a little bit broken, in that I cannot make calls to another user. I will try again in case someone has fixed it, but I doubt they have.
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered thompson7544 commented

Can you do a quick check and let me know what you see.

1. Login to your sandbox account https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com

2. Click the Users tab and select the user with the phone number you were trying

3. Select the Phones & Numbers option from the right panel. Then select the Phones tab

4. Click the Edit button and read the Device, PC name and Status values

If status is "online", click the "Deauthorize this Computer" button and save the settings. Then from your softphone, logout and close your softphone (on MacOS, you have to Quit the app). Reopen the softphone then login and try again.

If the status is "offline", do the same steps as the above without the option to deauthorize your computer. Refresh the browser and let me know if the status stays as "offline" all time.

If that does not help, send me your account info and problem description to the developer support team.

+ Phong

4 comments
1 |3000

thompson7544 avatar image thompson7544 commented ·

The status was online. I have been through these steps already (via a support engineer from the developer support team), but thank you anyway.

The main problem is that for all the sandbox users/extensions I cannot save the Emergency address, and without this address, it does not allow me to make any calls. I can't save via the service.devtest website or RC for Windows. I CAN save this data and make calls quite happily on the Production account = the sandbox has a bug or configuration error.

I will send account info to the developer support team. I really appreciate your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·
Hi Thompson,

I have replied back to you please check your email. 
0 Likes 0 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·
Thompson,

You should see some Call recordings generated on your sandbox account now. We have added a Digital Line on Ext 301. 

Could you please login to Softphone using your Main Company Number and Ext 301 and the password associated with it to check if you can make Ringout and Direct Dial ?
0 Likes 0 ·
thompson7544 avatar image thompson7544 commented ·
It's all still broken, but that's OK. I mis-read the graduation requirements - I thought I had to hit 5 or more endpoints, but I actually only have to hit the endpoints I'm using 5 or more times.  The app has been allowed to graduate, now, so I can use the live account for my data, as that works fine. Hopefully I won't need my sandbox again.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys