question

keith-stephens-fax5580 avatar image
keith-stephens-fax5580 asked Tyler Liu commented

Call logs legs details

Hello All,

At this point I dont know if I need to use call logs with Details/Legs or not.

I want to get a count of all inbound and outbound call made per company user.

And display UserName and count number.

Right Now I am looking at the LEGS details.

Scenario:

I made a call out from my Ringcentral soft phone +19167502475 to my companys desk phone 17048978566

But the legs show me 2 legs. Below. Why does leg[0] show me a to: of 19167502475 (which is what I dialed from), and a from: of 17048978566what I dialed to.

And LEG[1] shows the opposite?

"legs": [

{

"startTime": "2017-12-01T16:37:24.760Z",

"duration": 30,

"type": "Voice",

"direction": "Outbound",

"action": "RingOut Web",

"result": "Accepted",

"to": {

"phoneNumber": "+19167502475",

"location": "Sacramento (North), CA"

},

"from": {

"phoneNumber": "+17048978566",

"name": "RingCentral API"

},

"transport": "PSTN",

"billing": {

"costIncluded": 0,

"costPurchased": 0

},

"legType": "RingOutWebToSubscriber",

"extension": {

"uri": ";,

"id": 150344004

}

},

{

"startTime": "2017-12-01T16:37:27.942Z",

"duration": 27,

"type": "Voice",

"direction": "Outbound",

"action": "RingOut Web",

"result": "Call connected",

"to": {

"phoneNumber": "+17048978566",

"location": "Davidson, NC"

},

"from": {

"phoneNumber": "+19167502475",

"name": "RingCentral API"

},

"transport": "PSTN",

"legType": "RingOutWebToCaller",

"extension": {

"uri": "

;, "id": 150344004

},

"master": true

}

]

}

Thanks,

Keith.

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Is it a ringout call? Ringout is different from direct call. And there is an intermediate number to connect from and to.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

keith-stephens-fax5580 answered Tyler Liu commented
What is the difference between the 2 calls?  Also how do I make a direct call in my sandbox?
Thanks,
Keith
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
You can make direct call or ringout with the softphone:  https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/setup-devtest-phone-setup
0 Likes 0 ·
keith-stephens-fax5580 answered Tyler Liu commented
I need to get a user names and a count of direct incoming and outgoing calls?  Apparently I have been going about this wrong since there is a difference between the two call methods.
3 comments
1 |3000

Usernames are not always available (if stranger calls, there is no way to know its name). To get call logs, you can use the call log API:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefCallLog.html
0 Likes 0 ·
keith-stephens-fax5580 avatar image keith-stephens-fax5580 commented ·
Sorry let me clarify, I need the user names of the person in our company that made the call. So I can say our employee John Doe made 50 outgoing calls this week, Jane Doe made 150 outgoing calls this week.

And the same with incoming calls John Doe received/picked up 10 calls this week, Jane Doe received/picked up 15 calls this week.  We don't need to know who called into the office.

With regards to ringout and direct dial the link did not help with that, it only showed how to switch the softphone to your sandbox.  In my softphone setting I only have the ability to make RingOut calls, how do I make a direct dial call?  At this point I don't think I need to deal with Ringouts.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Keith, If your softphone is unable to make direct call, I think it is a problem of your RingCentral account. Please post a question here  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral.  Representatives there are good at such questions. It is for non-developer users. This forum is for programming questions only. 

And for the username and call counts, I think the information is available in RingCentral service web. You can request more detail in  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys