question

Frederick Gearhart avatar image
Frederick Gearhart asked mary-community-moderator answered

Possible to have a Multi-Level IVR with a Dial-by-name directory?

I am trying to get us set up correctly and am struggling to figure it out. We have multiple incoming lines, and different lines have a different call flow. I understand that to accomplish this the system needs to be set up as a multi-level IVR. I would like the auto attendant to answer along the lines of "Thank you for calling, if you know your party's extension you may dial it at any time. Press zero for the operator, press one for sales, press 2 for support etc, press nine for the dial by name directory." I am told that if I have a multi-level IVR enable I can't have the "press zero for the operator, press 9 for the dial by name directory" Is that true? Is there a work around to this?

ivr
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hello Frederick,

It is possible to add press 9 for dial by name directory on Multi-level IVR setup. You may check in this KB article https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/6560?language=en_US for guide with the setup.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app