question

Christine Dutra avatar image
Christine Dutra asked Phong Vu commented

API access to delete the call recording

I am not able to find API to delete call recordings. One of my customers does not want data to be in multiple clouds - customer requests to download the recording into our cloud and remove recordings from RingCentralCloud.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Unfortunately, there is no separate API to delete only the call recording. However, you can delete the call log record which has the recording you want to delete.

To delete a call log record, make a DELETE request to the following endpoint :

"/account/~/extension/~/call-log/[recordId]"

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 commented ·

How does the extension (and permissions) come into play with deletions like this? If I use an extension that is a super admin in the URL, can I delete calls from any extension? Or just my own? If just my own, then how does this api endpoint handle calls that are attached to multiple extensions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ matt-spinks2179 commented ·

I don't see an account level endpoint for deleting a call record of other extension, so I think it is only doable at an extension level. Also, when a record is deleted, it is just marked as deleted any not actually removed from the database. You can query the call log (at extension level) with the "showDeleted" flag set to true to see "deleted" record. So if a record is attached to other extensions, those extension still can read the record normally.

0 Likes 0 ·
Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered Phong Vu commented

In below link where u can find the documentation.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/call-log/reading-call-log

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for your active activity on the forum. However, please give answer to the question accordingly. This question is about to delete a call recording. Not to read the call log.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys