question

karthik vb avatar image
karthik vb asked karthik vb commented

API Response start a meeting url is not working.

i have successfully requested ringcentral meeting api using my paid account and i get response with two url and i try to start a meeting by opening a start a meeting url and there its show one popup to open ringcentral app and after opening its shows meeting id is not valid. our client requires to start a meeting in browser so i give permission to start a meeting in browser eventhough its shows same thing. please help out what should i do with api response urls.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Are you sure that you are running on your production account? What is your app client id?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I moved your comment here as I have to delete the wrong comment from other developer.

Apply for production button is disabled so i am using sandbox account only and my company number is +18442245264 we are having production account for sms and fax but for meeting api we currently use sandbox and my question how to enable apply for production and if i am in production for meeting api response url will work properly is that what u say.what is the purpose of calling meeting api in sandbox account for testing. please clarify this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

You can create/schedule meetings on sandbox account but you cannot use those invite links.

They are just for testing the API, so call the meeting API at least 5 times to pass the graduation requirement. Then submit your app for production then use the production app client id and client secret to create/schedule meetings that you can actually use the meeting.

0 Likes 0 ·
karthik vb avatar image
karthik vb answered karthik vb commented

MR.phong Vu I have tried what u said to complete the graduation requirement but its still not succeed eventhough call the api 30 times and i dont understand whats the reason plz help us to apply for production and can u share any reference to complete those task plz reply as soon as possible..

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

You app API call error rate is more than acceptable rate, but mainly because you tried to start your test meetings on sandbox environment. It is graduated now. Remember to use the production app client id and secret and switch to your production account.

0 Likes 0 ·
karthik vb avatar image karthik vb Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

its working fine ...thank you...

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys